Monday, December 01, 2008

More Crafts!

Aunt Cathy gave me several balls of yarn so that I could knit her a hat. I tried out a new knitting technique to make a nice desing on the hat which looks good but won't stretch over a head! The new technique is the part that looks like the top of a castle wall.



Cathy does not want me to take the hat apart and start over though, instead she is having me just make it longer so that it will be like a stocking cap, which hangs down in the back. The original hat ended with the blue ribbed section. Since then, I have added on the green section which I knit in a basket knit.

I know the whole thing looks a little funny right now (I think it looks like a half-made sock that would fit Shaquille O'Neal) but hopefully once I add on more and more, it will work as a hat!

No comments: