Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Endless Winter

I believe the saying goes, "no news is good news," or in the case of my blog, "no news is news that I am busy." After receiving a phone the other night from a certain pwk though, I realize that there are people out there who were actually missing my news so here I am with an update.

Although likely mentioned on the news, we have been getting a lot of snow here. Sunday night a storm came through, canceling school for some lucky students who were supposed to be going back after their February break (Ben, for one), and bringing down wires, putting at least 100,000 Mainers out of power, including our household. There seems to be no end in sight as far as snow is concerned, with yet another storm forecasted for this Sunday. Ugh!

Everything here at the house is pretty normal. The horses and Sasha seem to enjoy the snow whereas the cats are happy to stay inside. Work is going well, with things at the office pretty relaxed right now. The winter is pretty slow because there is only so much we can do. Most of my time goes towards ongoing school programs, developing volunteer programs for spring and summer, and just getting organized in general. One task that I did today was clean out wood duck boxes with my co-worker, Nancy. We have more to do tomorrow, this time on Deer Meadow Pond which is located off of the Bunker Hill Road in Jefferson. I definitely enjoy this task because I get out of the office and enjoy beautiful winter days!

Alright, that's all I have for updates right now. I will take some pictures and add more later this week.

No comments: