Friday, June 19, 2009

Holiday Inn















Sooo, this past week/weekend I took a little roadtrip down to North Carolina for Scott's wedding with Chuck & Grammy, picking up Amelia in Maryland along the way. The first night the 3 of us stayed at a Holiday Inn in Maryland that was pretty awful. First off, I didn't pack my body wash very well (as in, in a plastic bag) so it opened and went all over the inside of my backpack:








The backpack was just the beginning of a less-than perfect stay... next came time for dinner ordering, room service was easiest because of the random location of the hotel. Here's a sample page from the room service menu:

It seems like a nice enough menu, right? WRONG! Please not the pictures of spaghetti and fruit salad in the lower right corner...neither of which are food items available on the menu. Infact, I ordered the fruit salad and the front desk called the room back about 10 minutes later to say, "we don't have fruit salad". Also, when I placed my order, I began by saying, "I would like a coffee, a salad" and then was interrupted by the front desk man who said, "hold on" and then I heard him spelling out "c-o-f-f...." Needless to say, the food was horrible. In fact, it was from Chili's however there was no mention of Chili's anywhere on the menu. I'm pretty sure my chicken quesadilla had been cooked one week prior and re-heated every single day until I got it.
And last but not least, our phone:

Yes, it worked...but look closer at it, it says "Days Inn"

No comments: